Getting your Mailchimp API Key
- Click this link to navigate to the API Keys section of your Mailchimp account: Your API Keys
- Copy an existing API key or click the Create A Key button.
- Your new key is in the textbox (highlighted yellow in the image). It includes the country code at the end. e.g. “476025ba25fd1884cc6dd3a5f1fbfe04-us11”
Setting up Ninja Forms to work with Mailchimp
- Go to Ninja Forms > Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and you should see the Mailchimp section.
- Copy your API key from MailChimp exactly and paste into the Mailchimp settings in Ninja Forms.
Adding a Mailchimp action to your form
- In the form editor, click the “Email and Actions” tab.
- Click on the blue and white plus (+) button on the bottom right of the builder and then Choose Mailchimp
- Choose the Mailchimp list you would like the data to be saved to.
Note: If your lists do not show up, you may need to refresh the list via the icon beside the “List” label.
- Map the fields from your form to the appropriate Mailchimp list fields using the merge tags.
- Choose your Interest groups for your list, if any.
- Under Advanced, Choose if you would like users to confirm their subscription.
If this option is enabled, they will be sent an email from Mailchimp to confirm their addition to the list.
Please note that if a field is required in Mailchimp, it MUST be mapped to a Ninja Forms field, or your contact will not be added to the list.
Mailchimp Opt-in field
The Mailchimp Opt-in field gives the user an option to choose if they want to be added to a Mailchimp list without the need to setup a Conditional Logic statement.
To add a Mailchimp Opt-in field to your form, click on the blue add field button, then choose the Mailchimp Opt-in.
If the Mailchimp Opt-in field is checked, the Mailchimp Action will be processed and the user will be added to the list. If the Opt-in is unchecked, the Mailchimp Action will be ignored.