The Ninja Forms HubSpot add-on needs to be installed and activated to see the features mentioned in this documentation.
After you have downloaded the Ninja Forms for HubSpot plugin, install the plugin via WordPress’s plugin installer. Once installed, be sure to activate the plugin.
Authenticating with HubSpot
In order to successfully use the Ninja Forms for HubSpot plugin, you need to authenticate with HubSpot using your HubSpot API Key.
- Login to your HubSpot account dashboard.
- Visit the settings page of your HubSpot account.
- Once in the settings area, click on the Integrations tab from the left, then choose API Key.
- Click Create Key, then copy your API Key. You’ll need it to establish the connection in Ninja Forms.
- Go back to your WordPress with the Ninja Forms HubSpot plugin installed. From the Ninja Forms menu, select Settings.
- Scroll down to the HubSpot area and input your HubSpot API Key (from step 4).
Enter your plugin license
- From Ninja Forms menu, click Settings.
- Click on the Licenses tab and enter the license key that you received when you purchased this plugin — alternatively, you may visit your Ninja Forms Dashboard and head over to the License Keys section of your account.
Adding a HubSpot Action to Your Form
Under Ninja Forms, click Add New to create a new form — or if you already have a form you can click on Dashboard from the Ninja Forms Menu.
- Once you’re inside of the form builder, click Emails & Actions from the top.
- Click the plus icon in the lower right to add an Action.
- Under the Installed section choose Add to HubSpot.
- After choosing the HubSpot option, you will see groups of your HubSpot fields, namely Contacts, Companies, Deals, and Tickets.
- To map fields from your Ninja Forms to your HubSpot fields, you’ll need to click the merge tag icon on each field where you wish to create a mapping.
Required fields in HubSpot
Some fields are required in HubSpot to generate a new contact, a new company, a new deal, or a new ticket.
- For Contacts: Email (a valid email address)
- For Companies: Company domain name.
- For Deals: Deal name, pipeline (predefined, it’s called Sales Pipeline), deal stage (predefined, listed below)
- Deal stage: Appointment scheduled, Qualified to buy, Presentation scheduled, Decision Maker Bought-In, Contract Sent, Closed won, Closed lost.
- For Tickets: Ticket name, pipeline (predefined, it’s called Support Pipeline), ticket status (predefined, listed below)
- Ticket status: New, Waiting on contact, Waiting on us, Closed
If you have all the required fields filled in, HubSpot will also establish a connection between the submitted deal or ticket with the submitted contact or company.
How to know if it’s working properly
Sometimes you missed one or two required fields, and the deal or the ticket can’t be created in HubSpot. There’s an easy way to check it.
- Publish your form, then go to preview, and fill out the form in the preview mode.
- Then go to Ninja Forms menu > Submissions. There, you will see lists of submission(s) of your form. Click Edit.
- On the right side, you’ll find the HubSpot Response tab, which will show you the status of your contacts, companies, deals, or tickets. It will let you know if it’s successful, or rejected, or if there’s an error.
That’s it, you’re done! When a user submits a form, their data will now be sent to your HubSpot account and their contact, company, deal, or ticket will be generated.