The Ninja Forms Front-end Posting extension gives you the power of the WordPress post editor on any publicly viewable page you choose.
You can allow users the ability to create content and have it assigned to any publicly available built-in or custom post type, taxonomy, and custom meta field. Easily add images with the WordPress media manager, or even assign a featured image (Note that the File Uploads Extension is required to set a ‘featured image.) Choose from a number of additional options, including whether to publish immediately or save as a draft to be reviewed later.
- Create posts, pages, or custom post types from user input.
- Set default categories, and/or custom taxonomies, and tags.
- Attribute posts to the current logged-in user or any other registered user.
- Allow users to select tags and categories using either a simple or advanced selector.
- Let users to create new categories or items within custom taxonomies.
- Set default post content.
- Create post content dynamically from other form fields.
- Allow non-registered or non-logged-in users to create posts.
- Set default post status: draft, pending, or publish.
1.0.13 (04 February 2016)
- Assigned post_author as current user.
1.0.12 (08 September 2015)
- Added a filter nf_post_creation_user_dropdown to disable the author dropdown. On sites with large numbers of users, this prevents pages from crashing.
1.0.11 (12 May 2015)
- Term nesting should now work for more than two terms deep with the term field.
- Post meta should save and display properly.
1.0.10 (29 April 2015)
- Fixed a bug that prevented post meta from saving properly.
1.0.9 (26 March 2015)
- Fixed a bug that prevented Post Creation from working with version 2.9 of Ninja Forms core.
1.0.8 (17 November 2014)
- The extension should now be fully translatable.
- Fixed php notices.
- Changed references to wpninjas.com to ninjaforms.com.
- Various minor bugfixes.
- Added a new option to the List field that allows it to be populated with a post term. This can be used in place of the Post Term field.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the post excerpt from saving properly.
- Fixed a bug that was causing an \”Undefined notice\” to appear upon form submission.
- Changed the post elements (Title, content, etc.) so that they now save in the Ninja Forms submissions database. If you do not want to save created posts as submissions as well, please uncheck the \”Save submission\” box on the \”Form Settings\” tab.
- Added a new filter ninja_forms_add_post_meta_value that can be used to modify the user submitted value before it is inserted as custom post meta.
- Added shortcode parsing to the Default Post Title. This means that you can now use the shortcode there.
- Fixed a bug that was causing an output error when using the Post Tags field.
- Fixed a bug that prevented post creation from working properly with multi-part forms.
Bugs: * Fixed a bug that was preventing some users from being able to create posts properly.
- Added a Post Excerpt field.
- Modified the layout of the Post Creation metabox to make it easier to understand.
- Minor bug fixes and code reformatting.
- Slightly changed the display CSS.
- Fixed a bug that was causing media inserted with the tinyMCE editor to show up as links rather than embedded images.
- Various bug fixes including:
- A bug that prevented non-logged in users from posting to categories or terms.
- A bug that caused poor interaction with the Uploads Extension.
- Changed the advanced post content creator to a rich text area.
- Various bug fixes.
- Various bug fixes.