PayPal Express allows you to accept payments using Ninja Forms. It leverages the powerful processing engine that runs each Ninja Form to get a total, perform a checkout, and send your users to PayPal to complete their transaction. Once that transaction is complete, the user will be automatically transferred back to your form where they will either be greeted with your success message or redirected to your success page, depending upon how your form is setup.
With PayPal Express You Can
- Accept credit card or PayPal payments through PayPal using Ninja Forms.
- Create sign-up forms that can accept payment.
- Use Ninja Forms calculation fields to create dynamic totals based upon form interaction.
- Include transaction ID receipts in user success messages or emails.
- Store both Live and Sandbox credentials for easy, per-form testing.
How it works
- You sign up for PayPal Express.
- You install and setup the Ninja Forms PayPal Express by entering your PayPal Express API Credentials. (If you need a reminder about where to find your PayPal Express credentials, or want to know how to get them, we have a doc that explains how to do it.)
- You create a form using Ninja Forms and enable PayPal Express.
- Your users fill out your form and are redirected to PayPal.com in order to complete their transaction.
- The user completes their transaction at PayPal.com and is automatically redirected back to your form.
- Your form finishes submitting and either displays a success message or redirects the user to a success page.
* Please note that this extension will only function with PayPal Express accounts which are free to set-up.
3.0.5 (21 June 2017)
- PayPal errors should now properly appear on the form after a failed submission.
3.0.4 (02 May 2017)
- Added an error/admin notice when a server\’s TLS version is out of date.
- Transaction IDs have been added to CSV exports and attachments.
- A setting has been added to the PayPal action for item details.
- Plugin-wide currency settings should work properly with PayPal Express.
- Totals of 0 should now properly process non-PayPal actions.
3.0.3 (14 March 2017)
- Debug mode should now work in all server configurations.
3.0.2 (06 September 2016)
- Changing to v3.0.2 to fix compatibility issue
3.0.1 (06 September 2016)
- Fixed a bug with currency settings in Ninja Forms Three.
3.0.0 (03 August 2016)
- Updated with Ninja Forms v3.x compatibility
- Deprecated Ninja Forms v2.9.x compatible code
1.0.10 (12 May 2015)
- Added a filter for currencies.
1.0.9 (17 November 2014)
- PayPal API strings should now be trimmed to help prevent improper entry.
- Fixed several i18n issues.
1.0.8 (28 October 2014)
- Fixed several PHP notices.
1.0.7 (24 July 2014)
- Compatibility with Ninja Forms 2.7.
- Added a debug option for PayPal Express.
- Updated the SSL PEM file used by PayPal Express.
- Fixed a bug that prevented PayPal Express from working with field descriptions containing HTML characters.
- Added a defined variable to make troubleshooting PayPal errors easier.
- Fixed a minor bug that could cause errors if an equation was used for the total field.
- Added an option to fields so that users can determine whether or not to send a field to PayPal. This means that fields can contribute to a calculation and not be sent to PayPal.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Subtotal to be sent to PayPal incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that caused successful transactions to be recorded as errors.
- Fixed a bug that prevented checkboxes from working properly with PayPal Express totals.
- Changed the license registration method to the one available with Ninja Forms 2.2.47.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the plugin from activating properly.
- Initial release