“Justice League…just about anything would make that movie better.”
In this meet the team spotlight, we’ll take Eric, family-man/developer extraordinaire, and ask him the really “important questions”. All this in a continued effort to shed light on the crew that makes Ninja Forms possible, and hopefully give way to some chuckles and laughter in the meantime.
For those unable to listen to the audio version of Getting to Know You, an abbreviated transcript of this riveting Q&A session can be found below:
1. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with your extra time?
Probably play golf.
2. What fictional place would you most like to visit, be it from a book, movie, game, etc? And why?
Atlantis? Is that fictional though, do people [now] think that was real? With Aquaman and all that, I always thought that sounded like a cool place.
3. What hobby would you get into if time and money were NOT an issue?
My wife is really wanting to take flying lessons. I’d really like to do leather tooling, like make leather bags, wallets…I’ve [already] started Pinterest boards and stuff like that.
4. What job would you be terrible at?
Yogurt slinger…that sounds kind of dirty…but no, I worked at a TCBY when I was younger, the country’s best yogurt
Interviewer: I figured that had to be pretty specific.
Yeah, man, I did not enjoy that. I was not good at it.
5. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you win a gold medal in?
Sleeping…when you get three kids…yeah, you miss it.
6. What is the most annoying habit that other people have?
Uncleanliness. It’s very frustrating and causes anxiety.
7. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
The SHAZAM! [movie] trailer just came out, I really like that name…I don’t know, my mother always said I was almost a Luke…I’m going to go with SHAZAM! though.
8. What food do you find disgusting?
Sushi. Though I ate a piece of raw salmon a couple of weeks ago, and I’m going to be honest, it was not THAT bad.
9. What skill would you like to master?
Programming. I mean, everyone wants to be better at what they do, but probably being able to attach business value to a-lot of [complex] things. …How do you attach a value to that? That’s where I missed out in business school. I wish I would have done a little more business.
10. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
Oh man, I have one, but it’s kind of inappropriate?
11. What takes up too much of your time?
Cleaning after my kids…man, it’s so frustrating.
12. What will finally break the internet?
If Donald Trump is reelected.
13. What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
That one is easy. I was a junior in highschool, I was in a football game. The other team was punting and I rushed and tried to block…and I did.I jumped up in the air and the ball hit me right in the shoulder. It spun me and when I landed, my left leg planted, but my body kept spinning…and I torn cartilage. No one touched me, I didn’t get hit, but it was kind of a freak thing. I missed the rest of the year for that.
14. What artist or song do you put on when you can’t decide what to listen to?
Not Fade Away by Buddy Holly.
15. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
The Bachelorette or any of those, The Bachelor [etc.]
16. What is your ideal way to spend the weekend?
So if we’ve pawned the kids off on the grandparents for the weekend, I would take my wife to Vegas.
17. Time Travel…are you going to the future or the past? Why?
I’m going to the future, the past is the past. …I would buy one of those sports encyclopedias, like in Back to the Future 2.
18. What website do you visit most often that isn’t Ninja Forms?
Oh that’s embarrassing. My college football team’s little forum. I love college football, college sports.
19. What movie would be greatly improved if it were made into one long epic rap battle?
I’m going to go with Justice League, just about anything would make that movie better.
20. What would be the coolest animal to scale up to the size of a blue whale?
A tardigrade. (Microscopic organism referenced as a ‘water bear’.) Yeah, that would be interesting.
…But that’s not all, Eric is then subjected to a BONUS round question!
21. What would be the worst thing for the government to make illegal (no matter how absurd), that would ultimately result in your inevitable imprisonment?
I want to say…alcohol? If I couldn’t have a beer every once in awhile…I don’t know. [Eric shrugs] …I literally have maybe three or four [beers] a month, but I would probably start a prohibition pro tour.