“This whole brand new world is created…but there is still chaos.”
In this meet the team spotlight, we’ll take Devin, the feeler of feels, and ask him the really “important questions”. All this in a continued effort to shed light on the crew that makes Ninja Forms possible, and hopefully give way to some chuckles and laughter in the meantime.
For those unable to listen to the audio version of Getting to Know You, an abbreviated transcript of this riveting Q&A session can be found below:
1. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with your extra time?
I would write songs.
2. What fictional place would you most like to visit, be it from a book, movie, game, etc? And why?
Narnia. In The Magician’s Nephew, there’s a chapter called What Happened at the Front Door…and this whole brand new world is created. And there’s something really beautiful [about that] to me, it’s brand new, but there’s still chaos. There are a lot of lessons to be learned from that.
3. What hobby would you get into if time and money were NOT an issue?
Interviewer: You just have like a general interest in cars –or?
I don’t…but I feel like if i had money, I would have the bandwidth…I would buy a bunch of Teslas. I’d find all of the electric cars in the world, I would be the guy that reviews those cars…I would be the Jay Leno of electric cars.
4. What job would you be terrible at?
I’d be a terrible dishwasher. I’d become disgruntled really fast.
5. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you win a gold medal in?
It would be pizza eating. (Amount+Speed+Technique=Gold)
6. What is the most annoying habit that other people have?
I think it would be talking over someone else. …I’m the baby of four, so if I feel shutdown, I get a little bit aggressive.
7. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
It would be Cohen, after Leonard Cohen, Leonard and Adam Cohen. Adam is Leonard’s son. Both of them are very influential songwriters. I’ve dug that name for a very long time.
8. What food do you find disgusting?
Rice A Roni.
Interviewer: That is VERY specific. I feel like there is a story there.
In a matter of 20 years, I’ve legitimately thrown up twice. The only food that makes me actively gag when eating it is Rice A Roni, my body just rejects it.
9. What skill would you like to master?
The things that I’m doing: photography and songwriting.
10. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
Either, “How did it all start?”, or, “How did it all end?”
11. What takes up too much of your time?
12. What will finally break the internet?
When the Robert Mueller investigation ends. …Something political.
13. What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
I fractured my wrist. I was wrestling a guy in my dorm room hall [messing around] and I fell into the cinder block wall and the wall won.
14. What artist or song do you put on when you can’t decide what to listen to?
It’s Drake. He is a masterful pop artist…and I know I’m going to get kick-back on that.
15. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
Napoleon Dynamite. It insults my intelligence, I think it insults anyone who has intelligence. It’s that and The Office.
16. What is your ideal way to spend the weekend?
Flying out to a winery in either Italy or Napa Valley and enjoying some good wine and just taking things really slow.
17. Time Travel…are you going to the future or the past? Why?
The future feels really scary…so does the past. I think maybe the Middle Ages (Great Britain).
18. What website do you visit most often that isn’t Ninja Forms?
theverge.com…they’re just smart. I enjoy people who question things well, no matter which side they fall on.
19. What movie would be greatly improved if it were made into one long epic rap battle?
The Dark Knight Returns.
20. What would be the coolest animal to scale up to the size of a blue whale?
A dolphin, because they’re happy. They’re entertaining.
…But that’s not all, Devin is then subjected to a BONUS round question!
21. What would be the worst thing for the government to make illegal (no matter how absurd), that would ultimately result in your inevitable imprisonment?
Being an immigrant! [Both Devin and the interviewer break into laughter and then change the subject with a smooth outro.]