“Weird Al…definitely my muse.”
In this meet the team spotlight, we’ll take Courteous-Curtis, nicest man alive, and ask him the really “important questions”. All this in a continued effort to shed light on the crew that makes Ninja Forms possible, and hopefully give way to some chuckles and laughter in the meantime.
For those unable to listen to the audio version of Getting to Know You, an abbreviated transcript of this riveting Q&A session can be found below:
1. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with your extra time?
I would definitely animate! …I always feel like I don’t have enough time to do all the projects that I think of.
2. What fictional place would you most like to visit, be it from a book, movie, game, etc? And why?
I would probably go with the Pokemon world, really. When Pokemon came out I was 10 years old, I was at the exact prime age for that.
3. What hobby would you get into if time and money were NOT an issue?
I have been watching a-lot of videos about woodworking. There is one YouTube channel called Man At Arms, where there is a bunch of blacksmithing stuff. I dunno, like anything were I could make like my own weapon or woodworking.
Interviewer: I noticed you said ‘weapon’ there….what would you do with a weapon?
Oh it would definitely be an axe! ….uhh, I dunno–like in fantasy games..
Interviewer: Is this just going on a wall, is this getting mounted to a wall; is that pretty much how it’s going to live its life?
Yeah…I don’t think I would walk around with it or anything, but the idea of making your own thing, that appeals to me.
4. What job would you be terrible at?
Anything that’s like a politician or public speaking. I’m one of those people that needs a prepared statement.
Interviewer: So this [interview] is like torture for you then?
Yes! [both laugh]
5. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you win a gold medal in?
Professional sleeper…I dunno, international procrastination? [both laugh]
Interviewer: Is that your final answer?
I think so…I have to be true to myself…search my heart. [laughter continues]
6. What is the most annoying habit that other people have?
If I’m sitting at a table and someone has a nervous tick, like shaking the table. It’s not enough for me to be angry about, but you know.
7. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
I really like Curtis, but maybe something medieval, like Dravius or something.
8. What food do you find disgusting?
Oh my gosh, I am well prepared for this question! OKRA. …Your boy cannot stand okra.
9. What skill would you like to master?
I would go with animation. I have like a bunch of books, but I’ve never put that much effort into frame by frame animation, color theory, etc. I learned by watching anime, pausing and drawing off hand.
10. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
I dunno, something weird, like how many people have ever walked [around] the Earth.
11. What takes up too much of your time?
Definitely surfing the internet and probably playing video games. …I want to make my own game and I spend to much time playing them.
12. What will finally break the internet?
Uhh..no that’s mean…..well, I was going to say, an actual GOOD Sonic [the Hedgehog] game. NO! You know what I want to break the internet!? There is a Sonic movie in the works…if that is the best thing since Titanic, yes! That would be amazing.
13. What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
When I was little, I had a bike and I saw a bunch of BMX stuff…I thought I could totally drive myself off this [concrete] wall, but that did not go as well–I didn’t do the calculations–I failed that dexterity roll…I was impaled on the handlebar and there is a scar near my belly button, I was like suspended on a pike how I landed. It was bad.
14. What artist or song do you put on when you can’t decide what to listen to?
Anything by Weird Al. That’s definitely my muse.
15. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
Not refuse….but, It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
16. What is your ideal way to spend the weekend?
Wake up around 11am or 12pm…make an omelet, eggs are my favorite food, hang out with friends, play some video games. Try to work on some [personal] projects.
17. Time Travel…are you going to the future or the past? Why?
I am DEFINITELY going into the future.
Interviewer: Any particular reason why?
I don’t want to make anyone sad, but if I go back in time it might be bad for me…
[Interviewer stammers, both laugh]
Do I have to explain? [laughs]
Interviewer: Uh….if you want to you can…
I am very African American, and going back in time might not be pleasant. [laughs]
Interviewer: That’s fair…history has not always been kind to your wonderful people, and that is a shame. That is as far as I’ll take that.
18. What website do you visit most often that isn’t Ninja Forms?
Know Your Meme…I am a meme lord. [both laugh]
19. What movie would be greatly improved if it were made into one long epic rap battle?
V for Vendetta!
20. What would be the coolest animal to scale up to the size of a blue whale?
I see like some overweight hamster, that’s amazing…I didn’t want to say hedgehog, because that’s the easy answer for me.
…But that’s not all, Curtis is then subjected to a BONUS round question!
21. What would be the worst thing for the government to make illegal (no matter how absurd), that would ultimately result in your inevitable imprisonment?
Making cheese illegal. I would lead a cheese revolution. We will make a new kingdom of cheese, I shall be the Dairy-heir…
…there will be no laughing at the Dairy-heir! And I’ll take my wife, the Dairy-heiress…okay now I’m just being ridiculous, I’m sorry. [laughter continues]