In this meet the team spotlight, we’ll take Jenny, magnificent multi-woman, and ask her the really “important questions”. All this in a continued effort to shed light on the crew that makes Ninja Forms possible, and hopefully give way to some chuckles and laughter in the meantime.
For those unable to listen to the audio version of Getting to Know You, an abbreviated transcript of this riveting Q&A session can be found below:
1. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with your extra time?
Spend more time with Sasha; we would go out to the dog park more…Sasha the wonder dog.
2. What fictional place would you most like to visit, be it from a book, movie, etc? And why?
I would want to go back in time, to be one of Jane Austen’s characters. Any place that has to do with how the world looked, and the clothes.
3. What hobby would you get into if time and money were NOT an issue?
I would be designing clothes ALL the time. I would be making things to run on the runways of Paris.
4. What’s your biggest day-to-day motivator?
“I work hard so my dog can have a better life”, Sasha’s the motivator.
5. What is your biggest fear?
There’s three. They all have silence in common and they are in no particular order: sharks, ninjas, and spiders. Our [mascot] ninjas are precious though.
6. What is the most annoying habit that other people have?
Litter! There are too many litter bugs on the planet. It’s the tell all for, “I don’t care.”
7. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
Can you answer this? You pick for me. It’s not easy. I don’t know…we’ll just say Caroline.
8. What food do you find disgusting?
Asparagus casserole. It attacks a gag reflex, just the thought of it.
9. What skill would you like to master?
10. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
11. What takes up too much of your time?
12. Of the places you’ve visited, which was your favorite?
There’s not enough time to think about all the places, but I would say when my dad took my to see the upper peninsula, the Great Lakes, etc.
13. What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
I get injured all the time. Using a spray bottle to clean, it raked my finger and scraped the skin right off. I guess my fingers were not placed properly on the bottle. I don’t know my own strength. I did it to myself…that’s kind of dumb.
14. What artist or song do you put on when you can’t decide what to listen to?
Garrett Tucker. He’s playing right now [at home] for Sasha. He’s my significant other and a very talented musician.
15. What’s your favorite movie?
16. What is your ideal way to spend the weekend?
It has to be Fall and I’m sitting outside in my garden, Sasha is beside me, I’m drinking a mimosa, and the sun is shining on my shoulders. Not doing anything, just breathing.
17. Time Travel…are you going to the future or the past? Why?
I’m going to the past for the clothes.
18. If you could meet anyone in human history, who would it be?
Jenny Lind: The Swedish Nightingale, an opera singer.
19. What movie would be greatly improved if it were made into a musical?
X-men. I think that would be hysterical. I don’t know if it would be much improved, but it would be entertaining.
20. What would be the coolest animal to scale up to the size of a blue whale?
That’s a little intimidating, choose carefully. A black bear.
…But that’s not all, Jenny is then subjected to a BONUS round question!
21. What would be the worst thing for the government to make illegal (no matter how absurd), that would ultimately result in your inevitable imprisonment?
Champagne…if it was illegal, that would RUIN my day. My mimosa would just be a glass of orange juice. It just wouldn’t be the same. I’d be in prison though?
Editor’s Note: This interview was conducted several months prior to publication, and in the interim time Sasha has passed away. She was an incredible and much loved pupper, and we all miss her gracing us with her presence at the office. Jenny’s new day-to-day motivator, as best as this editor can tell, is drawing on her uncanny knack for bringing order to what would otherwise be a most chaotic company in her absence. Thanks for everything Jenny. Sasha could not have had a better human to look after 🙂