“Going to the past gives me the opportunity to live a simpler life.”
In this meet the team spotlight, we’ll take KR, the fedora wearing vino connoisseur, and ask him the really “important questions”. All this in a continued effort to shed light on the crew that makes Ninja Forms possible, and hopefully give way to some chuckles and laughter in the meantime.
For those unable to listen to the audio version of Getting to Know You, an abbreviated transcript of this riveting Q&A session can be found below:
1. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with your extra time?
I’m a gym rat, so I’d probably spend quite a bit more time exercising.
2. What fictional place would you most like to visit, be it from a book, movie, game, etc? And why?
The first place that came to mind was Neverland. We’ll go Peter Pan here.
Interviewer: So would you be a lost-boy or a pirate?
I feel like the pirates get a bad rap, so I think I’d go with the pirate here.
Interviewer: Do you think you would be a anti-hero pirate?
Yeah, we’ll go anti-hero. I like that role
3. What hobby would you get into if time and money were NOT an issue?
Probably landscape photography. But that would be like traveling all over the world photography…I would be on the move all the time.
4. What job would you be terrible at?
I am a horrible teacher, because I have very little patience for someone doing something wrong repeatedly.
5. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you win a gold medal in?
Typing very quickly. I think at one time I was doing 180 words a minute.
6. What is the most annoying habit that other people have?
I was going to say, talking to myself, but then myself and I would have to have an argument about that. …I’m a very chill person, I don’t tend to be annoyed by a-lot of things. …As I said earlier, not learning from your mistakes is an annoying habit for me.
7. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
I might change it to JR, because I get called JR a-lot anyways.
8. What food do you find disgusting?
I’m not a fan of black-eyed peas and pinto beans, because they have no flavor. I have to dump so much Tabasco sauce into a bowl of black-eyed peas to eat them. It’s not that they are disgusting, they just don’t have any taste.
9. What skill would you like to master?
Handling awkward pauses better…public speaking has never been a big thing for me, but I would like to be able to do it better.
10. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
Does P = NP? (The P versus NP problem)
11. What takes up too much of your time?
Sleeping. I feel like I would get a-lot more done if I slept less.
12. What will finally break the internet?
…I have a friend who told me at one time that his router went out and he gave it the “ol’college try”, and he didn’t tell me at the time what that was. Turns out the “ol’college try” was to dump alcohol on it. So he literally poured beer on his router…I feel like it you poured beer on the internet, it would break. Electronics don’t tend to get along well with liquid.
13. What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
We were goofing off in front of the dartboard [in the office]. I took a leap while wearing socks…and when I landed, I kept going, I hit the wall, and I fell on my butt. We all got a good laugh, but I had a bruise for a couple of days.
14. What artist or song do you put on when you can’t decide what to listen to?
I’m actually a big fan of the electro-swing music genre. I couldn’t give you a specific band. It’s good for gaming, it’s good for work, it’s got a beat to it but it’s not distracting.
15. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
I’m going to go with Game of Thrones here. I heard so many people say great things about it. I watched like two episodes and I couldn’t;’t get into it.
16. What is your ideal way to spend the weekend?
Doing nothing. I’m a big fan of hiking. Grab a backpack and hit the trail for 3 or 4 days. Doing nothing mentally challenging.
17. Time Travel…are you going to the future or the past? Why?
That one is tough. Personally, I feel like I would rather go back to the past than the future. Going to the past gives me the opportunity to live a simpler life. I feel like life is already super complicated and the future will only make that worse.
18. What website do you visit most often that isn’t Ninja Forms?
I honestly visit YouTube a-lot. YouTube is a catchall at this point.
19. What movie would be greatly improved if it were made into one long epic rap battle?
This may be the most difficult question that you have asked me…I’m going to say Ender’s Game. Not only do I feel like the movie could have been improved upon, but I just want to see alien bugs rap.
20. What would be the coolest animal to scale up to the size of a blue whale?
I’m would say a cricket. I just want to hear how loud that chirp is at that size…can you cause an earthquake with that?
…But that’s not all, KR is then subjected to a BONUS round question!
21. What would be the worst thing for the government to make illegal (no matter how absurd), that would ultimately result in your inevitable imprisonment?
I’m super glad that I didn’t live during prohibition. Alcohol and I are friends, being the wine maker that I am. If making alcohol was against the rules, maybe just leave me alone in my little hut on the hill.